Seeing yourself while Filming yourself
Some behind the scenes for this episode about seeing yourself while filming yourself. Why it’s necessary, how you can do it and what you should be careful about.
1. Why you should have a monitor
- Composition – Is this a good frame?
- Focus – Am I sharp?
- Exposition – Am I well litt?
2. Careful about
3. Now, how?
- Flip screen – Does your camera have one?
- External Monitor – Do you already have one? That can be your computer!
Check if there is some software to connect your camera to it, otherwise, there is always some hardware you can buy to enable it.
While using your Phone.
On your phone, there is a front and a back camera. So on one side it’s straight-forward, but if you want to be more “pro”, use the rear camera of your phone, as it’s a better quality.
You can then use your laptop as a viewfinder and in this way get the best quality out of your smartphone.
Simply through apps. I found one, by the name of Reflector from airsquirrel.
- A screencast to your laptop, that’s what we needed.